From: Dark Templar <dark_templar@××××××.ru>
To: eudev@l.g.o
Subject: [eudev] Error message on unplugging USB device
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 21:11:20
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm using eudev since it appeared in Gentoo tree. Recently I noticed
4 error messages appearing on my TTY1: "Error opening USB device
5 'descriptors' files". A bit of experimenting showed that these messages
6 appear when I unplug USB device. Further tests showed that when I
7 downgrade eudev to 1.10-r2 and restart eudev daemon messages no longer
8 appear, and they reappear when I upgrade to 2.1.1 and restart eudev.
9 Btw, after restart error messages appear on terminal I used to restart
10 eudev.
11 I've found that problem is in file "src/udev-builtin-usb_id.c" on line 178:
12 fprintf(stderr, "error opening USB device 'descriptors' file\n");
13
14 I think these messages, if they're important, should go to some log, not
15 to stdout/stderr. And I don't actually consider this being an error on
16 unplugging device.
17
18 Thanks.