From: Kenny Hitt <kenny@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] mozilla access
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:55:58
Hi.  Earlier this year I posted a message about problems with Mozilla
accessibility.  Specifically, I couldn't get any feedback from Mozilla using
Gnome and Gnopernicus.  I finally figured out that you need to set
GTK_MODULES.  I added the line

export GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge

to my ~/.bashrc.  I start Gnome from a text console, so my Gnome sessions
will always have as much access to Mozilla as Gnopernicus provides.
At this point, all you can get from Mozilla is the text of the web page in
carrot browsing mode.  the Links aren't spoken, so you still can't
do very much.
For comparison, I can read the text of the page and also hear the links spoken
using lynx in a Gnome terminal.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny