From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] building an accessible mozilla
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 16:57:50
On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 10:36 -0500, Deedra Waters wrote:
> Hi kenny, > > I've not played with gnome 2.6 or mozilla recently, but I gather that if you use the accessibility useflag, it should enable accessibility in everything gnome related. I don't know if this applies to just gnome stuff, or other packages like mozilla etc. Maybe one of the gnome accessibility folks can answer this here? > > We have a gnome-accessibility herd that handles the accessibility issues that are related to gnome and gentoo.
leonardop probably knows a bit more about this than me, but gnome accessibility (atk) & mozilla (gecko) do not integrate very well yet. This is a problem that is being worked on upstream I believe by creation of a gtkmozembed widget. The accessibility flag has nothing todo with this, although i suppose if there's some a11y work in mozilla it could be used there as well. - foser