From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] building an accessible mozilla
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 16:57:50
1 On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 10:36 -0500, Deedra Waters wrote:
2 > Hi kenny,
3 >
4 > I've not played with gnome 2.6 or mozilla recently, but I gather that if you use the accessibility useflag, it should enable accessibility in everything gnome related. I don't know if this applies to just gnome stuff, or other packages like mozilla etc. Maybe one of the gnome accessibility folks can answer this here?
5 >
6 > We have a gnome-accessibility herd that handles the accessibility issues that are related to gnome and gentoo.
7
8 leonardop probably knows a bit more about this than me, but gnome
9 accessibility (atk) & mozilla (gecko) do not integrate very well yet.
10 This is a problem that is being worked on upstream I believe by creation
11 of a gtkmozembed widget.
12 The accessibility flag has nothing todo with this, although i suppose if
13 there's some a11y work in mozilla it could be used there as well.
14
15 - foser