From: Derek Roberts <bigd.vi.guy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility <gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Re: it works! Mostly
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 20:02:47
Hey all,
Still trying to figure this out. I re-emerged at-spi-registryd, dbus
and gconf with all the debugging stuff, and tried running
/usr/libexec/at-spi-registryd in gdb. Here's what I get:
Starting program: /usr/libexec/at-spi-registryd

(process:10250): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2710: You forgot to
call g_type_init()

(process:10250): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion
`G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed

(process:10250): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_ref: assertion
`G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

0xb7c502b8 in set_engine (client=0x0, engine=0x8056030) at gconf-client.c:275
275       if (engine == client->engine)
(gdb) bt
#0  0xb7c502b8 in set_engine (client=0x0, engine=0x8056030) at
gconf-client.c:275
#1  0xb7c50845 in gconf_client_get_default () at gconf-client.c:466
#2  0x080507de in main (argc=1, argv=0xbfffeee4) at registry-main.c:201
I also get this in syslog-ng's console:
Apr 24 14:32:06 craptacular kernel: at-spi-registry[5881]: segfault at
c ip b73732b8 sp bfe77b70 error 4 in
libgconf-2.so.4.1.5[b734e000+36000]
Anyone know what could be wrong here? I emerged gconf with the
policykit use flag if it helps. Consolekit and dbus are started as
well. I have no idea what could be wrong with it lol.
I tried running at-spi-registryd from a debian image (I'm not sure
what version of at-spi that is though), and it works mostly, although
the gnome panels aren't accessible. Also, I can't open the menu or run
app dialog, nothing happens when I hit alt+f1 or alt+f2. Makes me
think there's something more interesting going on...
Thanks,
KJ4UFX
{.i doi .tcikoritys. mi cuxna ba'e do}