From: John Robinson <jbr100uk@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Does the Gentoo 2007.0 live cd release include the Speakup screen reader?
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 18:23:37
Hi everyone.  I've just heard about Gentoo Linux and am currently downloading the Live cd version of the current 2007.0 release.  I would like to install this on X86 architecture.  Being totally blind, I will require speech to be able to install Gentoo independently.  My question, therefore, is as follows:

  Does the Live cd 2007.0 X86 release of Gentoo include the Speakup screen reader?  If it does, how do I start Speakup at the Live cd boot prompt.  I would like to use Speakup with my Dectalk USB speech synthesizer.  Many thanks for any advice.

  Kind regards,

  John Robinson

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
A Smarter Email.