From: Whitley CTR Cecil H <WhitleyCH.ctr@××××××××××××××××.mil>
To: "'gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o'" <gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] 2004.2
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 18:24:16
Hi,
I have an old athlon K6 300 mhz system.  It has one of the DecTalk express
ISA cards (DECTalk Express pc2?).  It is my understanding that there is a
program which will load the "firmware" for this card.  Is it in 2004.2?  If
not, is there an ebuild for it?  And what is the package name, assuming it
exists?

As a question, would this machine be enough to act as a router and would it
drive a cable modem connection at full speed?  Currently it has only 64mb of
RAM, but if I can find memory for it an upgrade is possible.  I may also be
able to scrounge a k6 550 for it as well.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Cecil Whitley