From: Deedra Waters <dmwaters@g.o>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-accessibility@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] Accessible install of gentoo
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 01:59:09
Hi!

you can have a talking install for gentoo that uses speakup as the
speech software. The use of speakup is not documented in the install
guide, however all you need to do is type
'gentoo speakup_synth=your_synth_here' at the boot prompt.

Note: you need a hardware synthasizer for this.

1. http://www.linux-speakup.org