From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] Is any installer accessible?
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 16:05:18
1 Hi Cleverson,
2
3 On Sun, Oct 04, 2009 at 12:24:39PM -0300, Cleverson wrote:
4 > Does Speakup support the dialog based installer in the live DVD? I guess
5 > it doesn't support the GTK-based installer, but noone mentioned whether
6 > we must perform the installation using the traditional commands, as if
7 > in the minimal CD.
8
9 This has never been officially tested, and release engineering
10 depricated the installer some time back, so it isn't supported. To
11 install gentoo, you will want to use the traditional commands.
12
13 > also, both the x86 Handbook and the 2008.0 handbook are not up to date
14 > for 2010.0.
15
16 There are bugs open regarding updating the handbooks. That is being
17 worked on.
18
19 > In case the installer is not accessible, I guess there's no reason to
20 > use the live CD rather than the minimal CD, unless you don't have an
21 > Internet connection, of course. Is it right?
22
23 Again, putting a stage 3 on the live dvd has been discussed, but I'm
24 not sure what the outcome of that will be.
27 William Hubbs
28 gentoo accessibility team lead
29 williamh@g.o