From: Tony Baechler <tony@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] Accessible install of gentoo
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 07:08:57
Hi.  I am also blind and installed Gentoo with no problem at all.  I agree
that you need Speakup which works best with a hardware synthesizer.  The
only problem I had was knowing when to type the special boot command.  I
could hear the computer boot with the liveCD but I didn't know when it was
at the boot prompt.  Also, I suggest the gentoo-nofb kernel instead.  It
seems to work better.

gentoo-nofb speakup_synth=synthname

Again, I agree that you should look at linux-speakup.org.
Tony Baechler
Maintainer, goldenaudio.net (TM) online archives
http://goldenaudio.net/