From: Tony Baechler <tony@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] Accessible install of gentoo
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 07:08:57
1 Hi. I am also blind and installed Gentoo with no problem at all. I agree
2 that you need Speakup which works best with a hardware synthesizer. The
3 only problem I had was knowing when to type the special boot command. I
4 could hear the computer boot with the liveCD but I didn't know when it was
5 at the boot prompt. Also, I suggest the gentoo-nofb kernel instead. It
6 seems to work better.
7
8 gentoo-nofb speakup_synth=synthname
9
10 Again, I agree that you should look at linux-speakup.org.
11 Tony Baechler
12 Maintainer, goldenaudio.net (TM) online archives
13 http://goldenaudio.net/
16 gentoo-accessibility@g.o mailing list