From: John Robinson <jbr100uk@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Gentoo AMD64 live DVD and software speech
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:02:37
1 Hi everyone. I've just been testing the current Gentoo AMD64 live DVD
2 available from
3
4 http://mirrors.sfo1.gni.com/Gentoo/ten/livedvd-amd64-10.0-20090909-0915.iso and have no problems when booting into it with hardware speech. I am, however, unable to get software speech to work, try as I might. Typing 'gentoo speakup.synth=dectlk nox' makes my Dectalk USB set up like a Dectalk Express work every time. When I type 'gentoo speakup.synth=soft nox' at the boot prompt, I get no speech at all. I have not filed a bug about this, because it's very probably been resolved by someone on this list who knows much more about all this than I do! Any advice about how to get software speech working when I boot this live DVD would be very much appreciated. If you need any information about my computer system, please let me know.
5
6 Yours sincerely,
7
8 John Robinson