From: Cleverson Casarin Uliana <clever92000@×××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-accessibility <gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] No software speech in the last ISO
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 21:49:40
1 Dear,
2
3 I just burned the most current iso for my architecture, called
4 install-amd64-minimal-20101007.iso. When booting, once I heard the beep,
5 i issued:
6 gentoo speakup.synth=soft <ENTER>
7 but got no speech.
8
9 Once in the root prompt, I entered alsamixer, and with a sighted
10 assistance I verified that most channels were muted. I issued m and
11 right arrow til I unmuted them all, but still no speech.
12
13 I issued "espeak -vpt test" and ESpeak has talked aloud as expected, but
14 the speakup commands didn't work.
15
16 Do you have suggestions of commands I could type to try getting speech?
17 I already tried "modprobe speakup_soft" with no results.
18
19 Many thanks.
20 Cleverson