From: Zachary Kline <Z_kline@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] Emacspeak
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 07:54:45
Hello,
    This is indeed the case with Emacs 22--I believe that the upstream
developers were working for Emacs 22 compatibility, which among other things
requires the URL package be used, since it is provided natively in Emacs 22.
    As for patching for TCL 8.4, the only other ammendation to the steps I
outlined previously is the need to change all instances of 'file0' in the
server scripts to 'stdin'.
Hope this helps, and hope to see it soon.
Yours,
Zack.