From: Keith Hinton <keithint1234@×××××.com>
To: Nando <weboperative@×××××.com>
Cc: Gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Gentoo Linux 10 Speakup support | More testers needed!
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 19:46:19
Hi to those on the Gentoo accessibility list,
I have been in communications with someone whoms some of you on
Freenode may know as Likewhoa, who has been having me test Gentoo 10.
The particulars of this follow.
As I mentioned, Speakup seemed to work okay, at least on one of my
machines. But you need more than just one person testing the Gentoo
Speakup support, seriously. It is not enough for me to test, I don't
have a lot of time and currently don't have an AMD64 machine to test
Speakup support on. Also, the Gentoo handbook needs to mention Speakup
in the online handbook.
They haven't yet, as far as I am aware.
Please feel free to mention this to Mr. Hubs, the Gentoo-Accessibility
team lead, as I do need multiple people testing--I cannot test all the
time, I have school and much more important events taking up my
day/time.
I will still be happy to report on other issues, such as documentation
typos, errors in documentation, that needs correcting, etc.
If there is any other type of feedback I can do before release
(assuming) that you will actually have an official Speakup CD/DVD) and
will it be a LiveCD as well? Please let me know via email as soon as
possible.
If the Gentoo documentation team would like assistance in chceking
documentation for typos, I could read an HTML  prepared document, and
make suer it wasn't typo-based. Though something tels me that the
Gentoo documentation team is pretty good at katching typos.
Maybe not, though. :)
Regards, --Keith

Thanks.