From: James Homuth <james@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Trouble setting up gnome+Orca on Gentoo.
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 07:11:02
1 Hello,
2
3 I've recently decided to install Gnome and Orca, and went through the
4 configuring Gnome docs on the Gentoo website, but am not exactly certain if,
5 when running startx, I'm actually entering the Gnome environment. I'm not
6 seeing any logs in /var/log/gdm, so I'm assuming the answer to be a rather
7 enthusiastic no. I try control+alt+backspace to get back to the shell, and I
8 neither regain speech from speakup nor, I don't think, get back to the
9 shell. When I run startx, I can't run Orca using alt+f2, so am not entirely
10 sure if I'm even getting properly into Gnome. Any assistance on this would
11 be greatly appreciated, as Google's not turning up anything useful.