From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Cc: leonardop@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] mozilla access
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 12:13:38
1 On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 08:55 -0500, Kenny Hitt wrote:
2 > Hi. Earlier this year I posted a message about problems with Mozilla
3 > accessibility. Specifically, I couldn't get any feedback from Mozilla using
4 > Gnome and Gnopernicus. I finally figured out that you need to set
5 > GTK_MODULES. I added the line
6 >
7 > export GTK_MODULES=gail:atk-bridge
8 >
9 > to my ~/.bashrc. I start Gnome from a text console, so my Gnome sessions
10 > will always have as much access to Mozilla as Gnopernicus provides.
11 > At this point, all you can get from Mozilla is the text of the web page in
12 > carrot browsing mode. the Links aren't spoken, so you still can't
13 > do very much.
14 > For comparison, I can read the text of the page and also hear the links spoken
15 > using lynx in a Gnome terminal.
16
17 What do the a11y devs say about this? I suppose we could add something
18 of this sorts to the gtk+ ebuild and set it in the environment,
19 depending on the accessibility flag set ?
20
21 - foser