From: Jayson Smith <ratguy@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] Off-topic, PHP problem
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 03:26:17
1 Hi,
2 Here I go replying to my own post, but I did finally get onto the
3 Gentoo-user list, so you can probably disregard this one.
4 Jayson.
5
6 ----- Original Message -----
7 From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@×××××××××.net>
8 To: <gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o>
9 Sent: Saturday, December 09, 2006 7:58 PM
10 Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] Off-topic, PHP problem
13 > Hi,
14 > First, please excuse me for this completely off-topic message. For some
15 > reason I can't get on the gentoo-user list where this belongs, I sent a
16 > blank message to gentoo-users-subscribe@g.o and have not gotten a
17 > reply. If people want to reply, you are free to do it privately so as not
18 > to clog up this list! With that out of the way...
19 > I've been using PHP version 4. Last night during a normal
20 > "emerge -av --nospinner -u world" Mysql got updated to version 5, which
21 > messed up Apache, Postfix and Pure-ftpd. Actually Apache itself wasn't
22 > messed up, but Mod_PHP was since it couldn't load the Mysql library any
23 > more. It's clear to me that all I really need to do is recompile mod_php
24 > but there isn't an Ebuild for it any more! I also have not been able to
25 > find it available for download. I upgraded to PHP 5 by unmerging the
26 > existing mod_php then emerging php. This works as far as Apache2 is
27 > concerned, but not as far as a PHP form generator I use is concerned.
28 This
29 > form is a contact form for my website and isn't working properly under
30 PHP5
31 > for some reason. So what I'm wondering is, if I download and reinstall
32 > PHP4, will that give me my Mod_php I need for Apache? I don't seem to be
33 > able to emerge PHP4, can't find ebuilds.
34 > Any help would be greatly appreciated, and once again, I'm sorry for the
35 > off-topic message!
36 > Jayson.
37 >
38 > --