From: Derek Roberts <bigd.vi.guy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] I think gentoo hates me
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 00:38:49
Hi,

Just tried this on the 10.0 live dvd, but didn't get anything. Back in
my ssh shell I tried modprobe speakup to get the exact message. Here's
what I get:
FATAL: Error inserting speakup (/lib/modules/2.6.30-gentoo-r6/speakup/speakup.ko
): Invalid module format
So maybe speakup wasn't built correctly? But if I remember right
there's a message in the gentoo-accessibility archives that recommends
the 10.0 live dvd. Hmm.
So do I need to rebuild speakup? Or am I missing something? Can I
still get speakup to work on this dvd?

Thanks for your help. PS: I'm using a 32 bit pc, if it helps.