From: Cleverson Casarin Uliana <clever92000@×××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] no speech in GDM even after enabling related variables
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 00:24:42
1 Hello,
2
3 I installed the stable Gnome 2.32 as found in the current portage tree,
4 then I followed along the instructions in the accessible login page of
5 the Orca wiki, but no success. Here are the commands I have echoed at
6 gnome-terminal, in this order:
7
8 su
9 chsh -s /bin/bash gdm
10 su - gdm
11 gconftool-2 --set --type bool /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility true
12 gconftool-2 --set --type bool
13 /desktop/gnome/applications/at/screen_reader_enabled true
14 exit
15 chsh -s /sbin/nologin gdm
16
17 Then I added the gdm user to the audiio group in /etc/group.
18
19 After verifying that Orca was still not speaking, I went to
20 gnome-terminal again and ran as root gdmsetup, then enabled
21 accessibility in its respective tab, yet Orca remains silent at gdm. Any
22 tip please?
23
24 Thank you,
25 Cleverson