From: James Homuth <james@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] New to the list, and a question.
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 02:33:42
Hello all,

I've taken a huge interest in Gentoo over the last year or so, and run the
OS on two servers at the moment. I want to turn an older HP laptop into a
Gentoo machine (it runs Windows XP atm), and eventually possibly my much
newer Dell machine (also running XP). My question is, has anyone using
Gentoo had any look with running Orca on Gentoo with anything other than the
Espeak synth? I'd prefer elequence, but I'll accept similar results if
anyone knows how I can get them. The Espeak voices I've heard are way too
over the top in the robotic department for my taste. I notice in an emerge
--pretend though that Espeak gets pulled in as a dependency, at any rate.
Does that mean others aren't supported? Any info would be greatly
appreciated.

James