From: Jon Hood <squinky86@g.o>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] default voice for the festival server
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:23:34
Yes, mbrola-festival voices with speech-dispatcher can be very hard to
do. What you need to try first is cross your fingers and hope that this
is now properly supported- add the following to
/etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/festival.conf:

AddVoice        "us"    "male3"      "us1_mbrolla"

or something like (may need a little editing), then go into
/etc/speech-dispatcher/speech-dispatcher.conf and tell it to use the
male3 voice. This may or may not work and is not gentoo-specific;
DISCLAIMER: I have been working at this for a long time without getting
anywhere, so 2 people playing around on it now may help out ;).

-Jon