From: John Robinson <jbr100uk@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] Gentoo AMD64 live DVD and software speech
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 21:38:31
Hi William.  All my sound card channels were still muted when I started
Alsamixer.  In case it's relevant, the LSPCI utility describes my sound
card as follows:

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) High
Definition Audio Controller (rev 01)

Alsamixer reports that my soundcard is of type HDA Intel and that the
audio chip itself is a Realtek ALC883.  If you need any clarification or
further details, please let me know.  I would very much appreciate any
further suggestions or advice you may have.

Yours sincerely,

John Robinson