From: "David Renström" <david.renstrom@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-accessibility] A few questions
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 20:49:16
Hi!

I've got a couple of questions regarding Gentoo. I assume that some of them
can be considered off-topic subjects.

1. Sometimes when I use emerge to install a new package, I get a weird
error about "src_compile" and the process is terminated. Is this a Portage
problem or is something wrong in my installation?

2. I'm trying to setup a MySQL server on a Gentoo installation. The problem
is that I'm not able to access it from another machine using the MySQL
client included, neither running Linux nor Windows. The privileges are set
correctly (david at any host = %) and have been flushed several times. Is
port 3306 automatically blocked in Gentoo? If so, how do I unlock it?

3. Does anyone know when the new BRLTTY version will be available in the
Portage tree?

Kindest Regards,
/David R.
* Phone:        +46(0)910-78 17 51                                 *
* Mobile:       +46(0)70-641 96 20                                 *
* Mail:         david.renstrom@×××××××××××××××××××××.com *
* ICQ#: 122060651                                              *