From: Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-accessibility@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-accessibility] rfc: Accessibility on our release media
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 23:33:20
1 William Hubbs, le Fri 22 May 2009 18:25:34 -0500, a écrit :
2 > On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 01:07:45AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
3 > > > The developers have asked me to sho how big the software is, and I have
4 > > > done that. Basically, if you don't include alsa support, it is
5 > > > somewhere around 3 mb or so.
6 > >
7 > > Compressed?
8 >
9 > I'm not sure what you mean by compressed.
10
11 Like gzip-ed or bzip-ed.
12
13 > > See the results I got with Debian on
14 > >
15 > > http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2009/03/msg00163.html
16
17 Here I'm talking about the udebs size (compressed archives, that
18 actually take room on the CD) vs unpacked size (room taken only in
19 memory).
20
21 > Part of the difference you are seeing, I think, is that when we install
22 > packages, everything is installed
23
24 That's possible indeed. Debian makes a difference between debs and udebs
25 (micro-debs), the latter only containing what is required to start the
26 debian installer.
27
28 Samuel