From: Colin Morey <moreyc@××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-admin@g.o
Subject: [Gentoo-admin] Admin mailling list charter
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 16:36:22
1 I've been doing some thinking about this list, and why it's come to be,
2 and i've decided to put it in writing,.. I've included it below, what do
3 you two think?
4
5 Colin Morey,
6 Aka Peitolm.
7
8 +--------------------------------------------------------------------+
9 | |
10 | Charter for the GENTOO admin mailling list, |
11 | |
12 | $Revision History:- |
13 | Inital Version - 18th August 2002 - Colin Morey, aka Peitolm |
14 \___________________________________________________________________/
15
16 Preface:-
17 The Gentoo-admins mailing list was started at the beginning of
18 August 2002, in an effort to help co-ordinate the varying
19 aspects of administration that keeps the Gentoo servers and
20 asscoiated infrastructure.
21
22 General Notes:-
23 This is a private list, with limited and controlled
24 membership. Posting is, however, unmoderated and the list
25 itself has many aliases, including admin@g.o, which
26 can be freely given out as a contact point for questions or
27 reports on aspects of the Gentoo servers.
28
29 OnTopic:-
30 Anything related to the smooth running of the servers, any
31 suggestions as to how to improve the running.
32
33 OffTopic:-
34 Anything that should be on another list, eg. -core, -dev and
35 -doc, the only allowable exceptions to this rule shall be
36 general announcements, if this list is cc'd, then it shall be
37 as a bcc:.
38
39 Other Notes:-
40 This charter should be sent to list once a month, to serve as
41 both a test of the list mechanisms but also as a reminder.
42 Have fun, we're all in this together.