From: "J.A." <HEBLACK@×××××××××××.COM>
To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o, rdlugosz@×××××××××××××××.pl
Subject: Re: [gentoo-admin] system audit
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 14:37:59
Radoslaw Dlugosz wrote:
> > > This works: > $ locate festival | egrep "portage|festival" > Note there are no spaces betwenn the regexps and the |. Otherwise the > space is treated as a part of the regexp.
Thanks!!! I probably wouldn't have realized the part about the spaces. Now when the -v is put infront I can have locate list a lot of the files for an installed package except for the files in var and portage which I do not care about really at this point. The bang (!) operator gets interpreted by bash still. There may be a way to use it though instead of -v in grep. ...@tux ~ $ locate festival | egrep -v "var|portage" -- <A HREF="HTTP://HEBLACK.BIZ">HTTP://HEBLACK.BIZ</A> -- gentoo-admin@g.o mailing list