From: gurjit singh dhillon <gurjit_d@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-admin] How to restore the session if vnc server is configure as daemon mode
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 10:37:18
1 Hi All,
2
3 I have set up tightvnc as a daemon mode, it is working
4 fine.
5
6 User give ipaddress and the predefined port number to
7 connect the vnc server. The only difference is now
8 user doesn’t need to login the Linux server and
9 generate the port number to connect the server through
10 vnc, now it is asking for login and password to
11 connect the server. But here if user close the
12 session after login or after his job done, and want to
13 work in the same session after some day or some time,
14 they are not able to do that.
15
16 The earlier scenario was, when ever the user use to
17 login server and use to run the command vncserver ,
18 where they use to get the port number to connect the
19 server through vnc, once they login the session they
20 were able to save the session till the time they kill
21 the session manually from Linux server . that mean if
22 they close the session and want to open the same
23 session even after some day, they just have to give
24 the ipaddress and the port number they have login
25 earlier,
28 I believe I have explained nicely, if still any one
29 didn’t understood let me know.
32 I have did the configuration of vnc daemon through
33 http://www.snipes.org/index.php?page=How_To_Setup_An_Ondemand_XVNC_Server
34
35 Can anybody put some comment on this
36
37 Thanks
38
39 Gurjit Dhillon
46 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
47 with the Yahoo! Search movie showtime shortcut.
48 http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/#news
49 --
50 gentoo-admin@g.o mailing list