From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-admin@g.o
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 12:36:51
1 -----Forwarded Message-----
2
3 From: pof <pau@××××××.org>
4 To: mailman-owner@g.o
6 Date: 24 Aug 2002 08:28:00 +0200
7
8 Hello,
9
10 I am a subscriber at several gentoo.org mailing lists. Recently there
11 has been some spam on the lists, see for example:
12
13 http://lists.gentoo.org/pipermail/gentoo-dev/2002-August/014590.html
14 http://lists.gentoo.org/pipermail/gentoo-dev/2002-August/014595.html
15 http://lists.gentoo.org/pipermail/gentoo-dev/2002-August/014600.html
16
17 I run mailman on my server, and I've implemented an anti-spam solution
18 using procmail that may be useful to you too. It is quite simple:
21 Step 1: Change your mailman wrapper in /etc/mail/aliases:
22
23 Change
24 list-name: "|/var/mailman/mail/wrapper post list-name"
27 list-name: "|/usr/bin/procmail -m MAILMAN=list-name \
28 /var/mailman/procmail/procmailrc"
29 (wrapped for better reading)
32 Step 2: Put attached procmailrc file into
33 /var/mailman/procmail/procmailrc and modify it (if necessary) to feet
34 your needs.
37 Step 3: Go to mailman's administrative interface and add
38 X-Note: .*
39 to "Hold posts with header value matching a specified regexp" under
40 Privacy Options for the list, or set this default for all mailing list
41 using "bounce_matching_headers" variable in your mailman's
42 configuration.
45 If you find this useful or have any questions or comments please let me
46 know.
47
48 Best Regards,
49
50 Pau Oliva.
53 P.S: I also have an anti-virus solution to mailman if you are
54 interested, but this is not main Gentoo mailing lists problem.
59 | Pau Oliva Fora http://pof.eslack.org |
60 | KeyID: 665D05B533539E02 available at keyserv |
62 --
63 Daniel Robbins
64 Chief Architect, Gentoo Linux
65 http://www.gentoo.org