From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-admin@g.o
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 12:36:51
-----Forwarded Message-----

From: pof <pau@××××××.org>
To: mailman-owner@g.o
Date: 24 Aug 2002 08:28:00 +0200

Hello,

	I am a subscriber at several gentoo.org mailing lists. Recently there
has been some spam on the lists, see for example:

http://lists.gentoo.org/pipermail/gentoo-dev/2002-August/014590.html
http://lists.gentoo.org/pipermail/gentoo-dev/2002-August/014595.html
http://lists.gentoo.org/pipermail/gentoo-dev/2002-August/014600.html

	I run mailman on my server, and I've implemented an anti-spam solution
using procmail that may be useful to you too. It is quite simple:

Step 1: Change your mailman wrapper in /etc/mail/aliases:

Change
list-name: "|/var/mailman/mail/wrapper post list-name"

list-name: "|/usr/bin/procmail -m MAILMAN=list-name  \
			/var/mailman/procmail/procmailrc"
(wrapped for better reading)

Step 2: Put attached procmailrc file into
/var/mailman/procmail/procmailrc and modify it (if necessary) to feet
your needs.

Step 3: Go to mailman's administrative interface and add
to "Hold posts with header value matching a specified regexp" under
Privacy Options for the list, or set this default for all mailing list
using "bounce_matching_headers" variable in your mailman's
configuration.

If you find this useful or have any questions or comments please let me
know.

Best Regards,

	Pau Oliva.

P.S: I also have an anti-virus solution to mailman if you are
interested, but this is not main Gentoo mailing lists problem.

--
|  Pau Oliva Fora         http://pof.eslack.org  |

procmailrc application/octet-stream