From: "|>J |3l1ZZZ4R|> @ 4RK71K <h40Z" <blizzzard@×××××××××.net>
To: Vidok Tibor <vtibor@××××××××.hu>, gentoo-admin@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-admin] about gentoo and compiling
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:06:40
You may also want to check these directories for the size issue:

    /usr/portage/distfiles
    #(this is where all the source is downloaded to... you have to clean
this manually)
    /var/tmp/portage
    #(this is where gentoo compiles the sources... it does clean all the
files out, but leaves the base dirs... doesn't really     #affect size
at all but I like to keep it clean...

Cleaning out at least the /usr/portage/distfiles will significatly clear
up space on your system...