From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-admin@g.o
Subject: Re: [Gentoo-admin] Rsync mirrors
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 09:23:14
1 On 01 Sep 2002 15:06:29 +0100
2 Colin Morey <peitolm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I'm planning on drawing up a ToR (Terms of Running) for the maintainers
5 > of the rysnc mirrors, putting into writing what we expect from them and
6 > what they can expect from us, to this end i'm looking for some input.
7 > so,
8 > on the technical side, we're looking for a minimal bandwidth of 512k ,
9 > maximum connections based on a ratio of 1 user per 64k of bandwidth
10 > above that.
11 > Updates of 2x an hour, (ideally we'll stagger based on regional times,
12 > but this may not be possible).
15 > communications,
16 > all maintainers should provide an uptodate, regularly checked email
17 > address, response times should be next working day, unless RL
18 > circumstances dictate otherwise.(a response of thanks for your email,
19 > i'll get back to you by XX is acceptable), and we will follow the same
20 > guidelines.
21 >
22 > What do you all think?
23 >