From: Joe Hoot <joe@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-admin@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-admin] Postfix + ProcMail HOWTO
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 03:32:18
I've been using Gentoo for about a year now.  I love it!   I'm just trying to keep my uptime of 215 days at this point :)   ANyways, I came from the Sendmail world before Gentoo and thought I'd explore Postfix.  I've used postfix for over a year now and am just now starting to play with it a bit more.  I've successfully configured it to sendmail and use some hashed map files.  Now I'd like to push any mail into procmail so that I can run this antivirus program that I have and spamassassin.  I know that there's a setting in /etc/postfix/main.cf for mailbox_command=/usr/bin/procmail.  I've tried that.  And when I try it, I get no more mail :(

Would somebody please point me in a direction to fixing this issue?  Is there a way to have procmail present a logfile so that I can see why it's not working?  Does procmail send to .maildir mailboxes?  Can I make it do this?  How can I turn up the logging in postfix so that I can see if it successfully hands off the mail to procmail?

I know there's a lot of questions there, but any answers will help me, I'm sure.

Thanks,
Joe