From: Nerdvana - Steve Walsh <S.walsh@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-admin] Problem with sudo
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:40:18
1 marc;
2
3 You may have the immutable bit set on sudoers. What is the result of a
4
5 ls -sail /etc/sudoers
6
7 Regards
8
9 Steve
10 -----Original Message-----
11 From: marceluda [mailto:marceluda@×××××××××.ar]
12 Sent: Wednesday, 24 August 2005 11:17 PM
13 To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o
14 Subject: [gentoo-admin] Problem with sudo
17 Hello, I'm new in the list and I don't know if this is the placefor askin
18 about a strange problem
19 I'm having.
20
21 I finished a clean instalation of gentoo 2005.1 from the CD in a pentium4
22 machine.
23 I installed sudo (emerge app-admin/sudo) and tryed tu use it but I get the
24 following error:
25
26 magi ~ # sudo
27 sudo: can't open /etc/sudoers: Permission denied
28 sendmail: Cannot open mail:25
29
30 From any user, even from root. The file perms are ok:
31
32 magi ~ # ls -l /etc/sudoers
33 -r--r----- 1 root root 1645 Aug 24 09:41 /etc/sudoers
34
35 I used the following USE params in the installation:
36
37 CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium3"
38 CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
39 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
40 USE="acl bzip2 cdr chroot clamav clamd clanJavaScript dvd dvdr elf ethereal
41 extensions iconv libclamav maildir md5sum memlimit mpm-worker
42 no-htdocs openntpd openssh openssl qmail rar reiserfs savedconfig
43 screen smp spamassassin sse sysfs vhosts vim-pager virus-scan
44 vpopmail xfs -X -avi -berkdb -bitmap-fonts -emboss -gnome -gtk
45 -gtk2 -ipv6 -kde -mad -mikmod -mp3 -mpeg -oggvorbis -opengl -qt
46 -quicktime -truetype -truetype-fonts -type1-fonts -xmms"
47
48 I don't know if one of these USEs can affect the instalation, I think not,
49 because sudo only uses:
50 [ebuild R ] app-admin/sudo-1.6.8_p9 -ldap -offensive +pam -skey 0 kB
51
52 Can anybody help me?
53
54 marceluda