From: Vitaly Kovalyshyn <samael@××××××××.ua>
To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o, gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] [gentoo-admin] Problem with configuring network via '/sbin/ifconfig'
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2005 00:25:37
Hello, everyone!

On this Sunday I've installed GentooLinux-2005.1 from stage-1 on my box
Everthing looks ok! I've emerged bootstap, system and kde-3.5.0_beta2

Looks ok! But network doesn't work... I start to configure it by hand... and
didn't fond ifconfig in system!!!

there is no  /sbin/ifconfig

How can I fix it? Maybe I missed something? What I must emerge for getting
ifconfig and rest network utils???

--
Vitaly Kovalyshyn aka samael
ICQ: 169219607

Open Your mind from closed Windows - use OpenSource!

UNIX is user-friendly; it's just picky about its friends!!!
UNIX is simple; it just takes a genius to understand its simplicity!!!