From: "Jörg Vorher" <info@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-admin] Newbie admin - help with mysql
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 14:10:42
1 WIR MÖCHTEN VON IHNEN KEINE WEITEREN EMAILS ODER WERBUNG ERHALTEN
5 WIR MÖCHTEN VON IHNEN KEINE WEITEREN EMAILS ODER WERBUNG ERHALTEN
6 WIR MÖCHTEN VON IHNEN KEINE WEITEREN EMAILS ODER WERBUNG ERHALTEN
7
8 WIR MÖCHTEN VON IHNEN KEINE WEITEREN EMAILS ODER WERBUNG ERHALTEN
18 ----- Original Message -----
19 From: Maurice E Johnson
20 To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o
21 Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 1:34 AM
22 Subject: Re: [gentoo-admin] Newbie admin - help with mysql
25 But wouldn't an attempt to install an app dependent on mysql potentially succeed eroniously? What I'm trying to see - and education is always a good thing - is that in order to truely block mysql, you would need something a bit more complex than an entree in /etc/portage/package.provided.
26
27 Something in addition? like:
28
29 equery --nocolor hasuse mysql|awk '{print ">="$1}' > </etc/portage/package.provided|/etc/portage/package.mask>
30
31 to avoid the consequences of basically saying that it's there when it isn't?
32
33 I have read the man page, but it doesn't seem to address the consequenses down the road for this condition.