From: Emmanuel Poitier <epoitier@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-admin@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-admin] emerge problem
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 09:16:23
Hi,

I have gentoo installed on a Cyrix 686 133Mhz ... slow, but works nice,
and with optimization flags set, seems flying ;)
Anyway, I always noticed (even with others distrib) that on that
computer long compilations break at some points
with Segmentation Fault (SIG 11). But as soon as you restart the
compilation from where you were, it continues, and
finishes the build. Is it possible to tell emerge not to clean the
package you try to update, or hack the emerge
scripts to be able to specify an error count (and until the error count
is not reached, retry to relaunch the build
without cleaning it).

Thanks a lot
Emmanuel