From: Thilo Bangert <bangert@g.o>
To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-admin] Making changes to a statically build driver
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 20:31:38
the e1000 driver probably prints version info to dmesg that you could tamper with... also, check uname - it includes a buildversion (#1) and builddate of the currently running kernel: bangert@marsupilami ~ $ uname -a Linux marsupilami 2.6.28-gentoo-r2 #1 SMP Tue Mar 3 17:14:06 CET 2009 i686 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux