From: Christopher Hammel <cjhammel@×××.net>
To: admin@g.o
Subject: [Gentoo-admin] Problems with oregonstate.edu rsync server
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 22:30:23
1 Hello Admin team,
2
3 keep up the good work on gentoo great job so far. I just wanted to let you
4 know of problem with one of your mirrors. I have gotten the following message
5 3 times in the last 4 weeks from the oregonstate.edu servers. I have to wait
6 until the round robin changes to the next server before I can rsync my Gentoo
7 portage. I know that this is volunteer effort and oregonstate is donating
8 there bandwidth to the rsync server but your round robin needs to rotate off
9 them when their connections are exceeded.
10
11 Thanks for the consideration
12
13 Christopher Hammel
14
15 # emerge rsync
16 >>> starting rsync with rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage...
17
18 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
19 F T P . O R E G O N S T A T E . E D U
20 Oregon State University
21
22 Unauthorized use is prohibited - violators will be prosecuted
23 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
24
25 For more information on accessing these archives visit:
26 http://www.net.oregonstate.edu/ftp/
27
28 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
29
30 @ERROR: max connections (25) reached - try again later
31 rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (592 bytes read so far)
32 rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(150)
33
34 >>> Updating Portage cache...
35 emerge rsync
36 >>> starting rsync with rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage...
37
38 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
39 F T P . O R E G O N S T A T E . E D U
40 Oregon State University
41
42 Unauthorized use is prohibited - violators will be prosecuted
43 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
44
45 For more information on accessing these archives visit:
46 http://www.net.oregonstate.edu/ftp/
47
49
50 @ERROR: max connections (25) reached - try again later
51 rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (592 bytes read so far)
52 rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(150)
53
54 >>> Updating Portage cache...