From: Colin Morey <peitolm@g.o>
To: Thomas List <list@××××××××××××××××××××××.de>
Cc: admin@g.o
Subject: Re: [Gentoo-admin] Gentto Mirror SunSITE CEUR
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 03:12:30
On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 08:53, Thomas List wrote:
> Hello, > > this is Thomas List from the SunSITE Central Europe in Aachen, Germany > (http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de). Some people asked us to > offer a Gentoo mirror and after looking at your website we decidet to do > so :)
truely we are blessed :)
> For the moment we have a set up a mirror of the portage tree as > described in your mirroring guidline. The rsync mirror can be found at > merkur.informatik.rwth-aachen.de which is 137.226.116.99. > We would also like to offer an ftp download mirror - is this possible > and where should we mirror the files from (ibiblio.org?).
FTP mirror is certainly more than possible, i'm in the process of tidying up some of the documentation on the mirror policy, and once that's done i'll write up how you can get access to the mirrors, at the moment you're probably best off mirroring ibiblio, it will take a couple of days before i have a chance to add you to the "mirrors" list on the website, in the mean time, can i suggest you going the mailling list gentoo-mirrors@g.o, Colin Morey, Aka Peitolm@g.o