From: Damon Conway <kabau@g.o>
To: admin@g.o
Subject: Re: [Gentoo-admin] Rsync mirrors
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 09:45:33
1 On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 03:06:29PM +0100, Colin Morey wrote:
2 > I'm planning on drawing up a ToR (Terms of Running) for the maintainers
3 > of the rysnc mirrors, putting into writing what we expect from them and
4 > what they can expect from us, to this end i'm looking for some input.
5 > so,
6 > on the technical side, we're looking for a minimal bandwidth of 512k ,
7 > maximum connections based on a ratio of 1 user per 64k of bandwidth
8 > above that.
9 > Updates of 2x an hour, (ideally we'll stagger based on regional times,
10 > but this may not be possible).
11
12 Yea, these sound good to me. At 512k that gives us 8 simultaneous
13 users. I'm not sure if people will like that or not.
14
15 > communications,
16 > all maintainers should provide an uptodate, regularly checked email
17 > address, response times should be next working day, unless RL
18 > circumstances dictate otherwise.(a response of thanks for your email,
19 > i'll get back to you by XX is acceptable), and we will follow the same
20 > guidelines.
21
22 Yea, looks good to me.
23
24 kabau
27 Damon Conway
28 Gentoo Lover
29 kabau@g.o
30
31 GPG Key Info:
32 http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD847C395
33 Key fingerprint = 6FE5 F2CC 349C 95AB E78F BAA8 1238 69B5 D847 C395