From: Andrew Kesterson <andrew@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-admin] Distributed administration of gentoo - easy or hard?
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 17:13:07
I've recently begun admining a few gentoo boxes in a distributed
setting (mainly boxes that my friends asked me to set up for them on a
personal, at-home basis.) I'm noticing that while portage makes updates
alot smoother, compiling them takes forever, especially on initial
installations. OpenOffice installs and updates are particularly heinous.
 	How do you guys handle this? Do you configure all your systems the
same, and set up a binary package host on the system somewhere for them to
fetch binaries from? Or do you just use straight portage?