From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-admin@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-admin] How to satisfy Portage dependencies with dummy packages (or other methods)?
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 09:34:19
1 maillog: 20/08/2005-11:07:36(+0200): Ralph Seichter types
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > I'm not sure how to handle the following situation: I want to use
5 > Postfix compiled from the official sources instead of any of the
6 > mail-mta/* packages. I removed mail-mta/ssmtp, which seems to be the
7 > default for my selected profile, but "emerge --update --deep world"
8 > reinstalls the ssmtp package, which renders my own Postfix unusable.
9 >
10 > On SuSE Linux, I have created a dummy SMTP service RPM to keep the
11 > YaST dependency checks for the "smtp_daemon" service satisfied. How
12 > can I satisfy Portage's dependency checks to keep it from installing
13 > any mail-mta/* package?
14 >
15 > I have not yet found relevant information in the forums or mailing
16 > list archives, but as I am new to Gentoo, I might not have worded my
17 > questions correctly, lacking the Gentoo specific terminology. Any
18 > pointers are welcome!
19
20 echo 'mail-mta/postfix-2.2.4' >> /etc/portage/profile/package.provided
23 | Georgi Georgiev | You know you're using the computer too |
24 | chutz@×××.net | much when: u realise that windows is not |
25 | +81(90)2877-8845 | all it sounds -- DEaigo |
26 --
27 gentoo-admin@g.o mailing list