From: Jeff Donsbach <jeff_donsbach@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Ditching 2.4 kernel support?
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 04:09:20
1 Which machine do you have? I have an XLT (Milo only machine) and it works fine with 2.6 kernels. Admittedly, I haven't upgraded in a while. I think I am running something like 2.6.14 or so.
4 ----- Original Message ----
5 From: Amos H. Weatherill <right_maple_nut@××××××××.uk>
6 To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
7 Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2006 3:52:18 PM
8 Subject: RE: [gentoo-alpha] Ditching 2.4 kernel support?
9
10 If you want to ditch 2.4 kernal support someone will need to modify MILO to work with 2.6 series kernals. The only reason that I am not currently using Gentoo on my Alpha is that I cannot get a working MILO for current generation kernals. Unfortunately, I do not have the programming skills to do this myself. If you or anyone else knows where I can get a MILO boot floppy for a 2.6 kernal, as recent a version as possible please, would you please reply to the list if appropriate or directly to me at 'right_maple_nut@××××××××.uk'.
11
12 Thank you in advance to all who reply. I would really like to get my Alpha up and running.
13
14 Signed.
15 Amos H. Weatherill
16
17 -----Original Message-----
18 From: Bryan Østergaard [mailto:kloeri@g.o]
19 Sent: December 15, 2006 9:49 AM
20 To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
21 Subject: [gentoo-alpha] Ditching 2.4 kernel support?
24 Hi all.
25
26 2.4 kernels is generally the biggest problem when building new releases
27 and most, if not all should be able to use 2.6 kernels by now.
28 Considering that I'm currently only planning to provide 2.6 support for
29 the 2007.0 release and forward.
30
31 Please contact me if 2.6 kernels doesn't work on your alpha so we can
32 try to work out any problems in time for next release.
33
34 Regards,
35 Bryan Østergaard
36
37 PS. You can catch me on kloeri@g.o or as 'kloeri' on
38 irc.freenode.net.
39 --
40 gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list
44 gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list
51 Do You Yahoo!?
52 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
53 http://mail.yahoo.com
56 gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list