From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-alpha@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alpha] gcc and glibc
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 05:33:16
gcc-3.3.2-r2 and glibc-2.3.2-r8 are now marked ~alpha and build in my
tests.  I'm now doing an "emerge -e world" to see if anything breaks.
This should enable ~alpha bootstraps, at least.

Still waiting for results from stingraz (on #gentoo-alpha) regarding a
stable combination of gcc/glibc for bootstrap.  Probably gcc will be
demoted to 3.2.1 for a short time, assuming that works.  When the new
combination mentioned above has been tested, we'll mark that stable ASAP
so that things can keep moving forward.

So ~alpha bootstrap works, alpha bootstrap does not.  Hopefully this
will be solved by approximately Monday.

Thanks to Mark Giger for his work hunting down kernel, gcc, and glibc
patches.  The patches I applied to glibc-2.3.2-r8 were slightly
different from what he found, but based on what he found.

Aron

--
Aron Griffis
Gentoo Linux Developer