From: Marc Giger <gigerstyle@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] LiveCD refuses to boot on Takara
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:28:12
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 07:38:42 -0600
Jay Maynard <jmaynard@××××××××.cx> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 01:27:50PM +0000, Tavis Ormandy wrote: > > On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 05:07:40PM +0100, Marc Giger wrote: > > > As you already noticed, you need a 2.4 kernel to be able to do a > > > "mount -o bind". > > I dont think this step is essential to get a working system, but it > > is advisable (some configure scripts use information from /proc, but > > they usually have sane defaults). > > The "mount -o bind" was what I ran across when trying to run off of a > Debian install CD. That effort foundered on "kernel too old" when > trying to chroot. Note that a bind-mount is necessary for /dev in such > an instance.
Next time I should read the whole thread again before answering. /dev is the problem not /proc :-) Why not just cp -a /dev/* /mnt/gentoo/dev/ ? Never tried myself but I think it should work for installing gentoo. What's about the paging error? Do you have more infos or gave up?:-) greets Marc -- gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list