From: Marc Giger <gigerstyle@×××.ch>
To: Allen Ziegenfus <listmail@××××××.net>, FIVAZ Fabien <Fabien.Fivaz@×××××.ch>
Cc: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] RE : [gentoo-alpha] Installation on a Digital Personal Workstation 433au
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:39:03
1 On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:13:21 -0500
2 Allen Ziegenfus <listmail@××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > I've posted on different forums (XFree, Gentoo) and haven't found any
5 > help or answers. Which alpha packages are you using? I was trying
6 > unstable (~alpha). Do you also get "unsupported relocation type"
7 > entries in your X logs?
8
9 This is with gcc > 3.2.x right?
10
11 Please try out the latest xfree snapshot (e.g: xfree-4.3.99.902.ebuild,
12 in portage too). It should have some fix for this kind of bug. Post the
13 results in gentoo-alpha.
14
15 If it doesn't work post a message to the xfree-devel (not xfree-user)
16 mailing list and descibe your problem exactly.
17
18 Thank you
19
20 Marc