From: Marc Giger <gigerstyle@×××.ch>
To: Allen Ziegenfus <listmail@××××××.net>, FIVAZ Fabien <Fabien.Fivaz@×××××.ch>
Cc: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] RE : [gentoo-alpha] Installation on a Digital Personal Workstation 433au
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:39:03
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 20:13:21 -0500
Allen Ziegenfus <listmail@××××××.net> wrote:

> I've posted on different forums (XFree, Gentoo) and haven't found any > help or answers. Which alpha packages are you using? I was trying > unstable (~alpha). Do you also get "unsupported relocation type" > entries in your X logs?
This is with gcc > 3.2.x right? Please try out the latest xfree snapshot (e.g: xfree-4.3.99.902.ebuild, in portage too). It should have some fix for this kind of bug. Post the results in gentoo-alpha. If it doesn't work post a message to the xfree-devel (not xfree-user) mailing list and descibe your problem exactly. Thank you Marc -- gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list