From: Allen Ziegenfus <listmail@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] what kernel are folks running?
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:12:04
1 On the fine day of Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:46:46 -0700 (PDT)
2 Jeff Donsbach <jeff_donsbach@×××××.com> said very eloquently:
3
4 > I'm just curious what kernel ebuild folks are using on
5 > Alpha.
6
7 I'm running sys-kernel/grsec-sources-2.4.27.2.0.1-r1. I don't know much
8 about the alpha-sources kernel, the gentoo-sources kernel, or
9 alpha-specific features. I'm mainly concerned with
10 security. I was running vanilla-sources but a security advisory came out
11 a couple months ago where vanilla-sources was not patched as quickly as
12 grsec-sources, so I switched to that.
13
14 If you are concerned with security you might want to consider upgrading.
15 2.4.27 had several security patches, I believe.
16
17 Allen
18 --