From: kloeri@g.o
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Newbie
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 23:30:53
1 On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 06:13:51PM -0500, Bob Schmidt wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > New to the list, I have a DEC AS4000 alpha server with dual 400mhz
5 > processors, and 512mb of ram, the computer operates perfectly. I was
6 > wondering if someone has had any luck installing gentoo on an alphaserver
7 > like mine? And if there are any tricks or tips you could give me.
8 >
9 > Thanks,
10 > Bob
11 >
12 > --
13 > gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list
16 The gentoo devs have a couple quad-cpu AS4100 running. We didn't
17 experience any problems installing them as far as I remember. I'd expect
18 your AS4000 to work flawlessly with Gentoo as it's very similar to
19 AS4100.
20
21 Regards,
22 Bryan Østergaard