From: "Brian C. Parkhurst" <brianp@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] 2.6 kernel on Alpha ?
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 02:53:13
Quoting mathewt@××××××.com:

> Hello All, > > I have a couple of questions regarding 2.6 kernels for Alpha > and also gcc-3.4.4-r1 > > I have an AS 2000 4/233 running on Gentoo, 2.4.30 SMP-kernel. > Things work fine except I cannot use all the hardware (DAC960). > any case, I was trying to move to 2.6 series kernel (vanilla > sources 2.6.12.5 as picked up by portage) >
DAC960 issue: Under the 2.4 kernel there is a simple fix for the DAC960. The OEM version of the DAC960 (Called a SWXCR) from DEC used a slightly different firmware release. The standard linux DAC960 driver doesn't recognize these firmware revisions as valid and hangs. A simple patch of the DAC960 driver corrects this problem. I've submitted it as a bug in the 2.4 gentoo kernels in the past and it has been patched for the liveCD. The 2.6 kernel revision of this driver didn't have this problem. Brian Parkhurst Brianp-at-spamcop.net
> > -- > gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list > >
-- Brian Parkhurst brianp-at-spamcop-dot-net