From: Rob Thyssen <rt@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] preliminary success
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 22:54:48
1 On Sunday 05 Oct 2003 11:30 pm, jwsacksteder@××××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > I appear to be having good success with my new "Digital Server 5000", a.k.a
3 > 'rawhide'. This was designed as a NT-only 'white box' for resellers to
4 > integrate.
5
6 Cool!
7
8 > The newest LiveCD works just fine, detects all the hardware,
9 > including the USB. I will be forgoing the included hardware raid controller
10 > in favor of md software-raid. When I have built up to full operational
11 > level I'll submit any useful information I discover for inclusion into the
12 > alpha install-guide.
13
14 Please do, I want to install Gentoo on mine also. I've been interested for
15 awhile as I'm starting to need things that I don't get (easily) with Debian.
16 Tell me, did you have to do anything special to get the kernel to recognise
17 both processors?
18
19 /rob
23 gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list