From: "Nils o. Janus" <NoJ@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] problem upgrading the toolchain
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 17:03:04
Hi Jeff,

> configure:1892: checking whether the C compiler > (/usr/bin/gcc -mieee -mcpu=ev56 -pipe -O2 ) works > configure:1908: /usr/bin/gcc -o conftest -mieee > -mcpu=ev56 -pipe -O2 conftest.c 1>&5
^^^^ what perplexes me is that stdout is redirecting to the filedescriptor 5 which is not a standardized one. Does that filedescriptor ( /dev/fd/5 ) exist? This may be the reason why compiling without redirecting the output, like you already tried, works fine. Try passing the 1>&5 to the call of gcc too and check wether it segfaults again. On a DS20e, gcc just throws a "Bad file descriptor" error without segfaulting. HTH, greetings Nils -- gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list