From: Jeff Donsbach <jeff_donsbach@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] ebuild update for Xorg-x11
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 04:43:02
1 --- Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o> wrote:
2 > I include -mieee in
3 > CFLAGS on alpha
4 > which would probably fix that problem for you. (I'd
5 > like it if
6 > everybody would include -mieee in CFLAGS on alpha...
7 > there's almost no
8 > code out there that's written to work with the
9 > non-ieee behavior, so
10 > it's just asking for trouble to build without it)
11
12 True. But you don't notice much (if any) of a
13 performance hit because of it on an EV6. Some of us
14 aren't so lucky. ;-)
15
16 I haven't explicity added it on my system. So far so
17 good.
18
19 Jeff
27 Do you Yahoo!?
28 Express yourself with Y! Messenger! Free. Download now.
29 http://messenger.yahoo.com
32 gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list